Thursday, October 31, 2013

20 Scariest Movies of All Time - Spookify your night!

I'm sort of proud to say I have seen most of these!


  1. The Shining - Yes. Watch this. If you haven't seen The Shining before, drop what you are doing a put it on now. Not only a great horror movie, also one of the most legendary movies. Of. All. Time.
  2. The Exorcist - Ain't nothin' creepier than a demonoid board game. This movie prompted my Ma to buy me a Ouija board when I was about 14. It was made by Hasbro, purchased at Toys R Us and glowed in the dark. Creeepy!
  3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Scarier than the recent remake but mostly because of the '70s filming techniques.
  4. The Silence of the Lambs - "Hello Clarice"
  5. Jaws - I don't feel  like this fits the "horror" bill. I mean yes, it's scary. And sure, it has a lot of blood. And death. And the ever annoying Richard Dreyfuss. Never mind. It works.
  6. The Ring - VHS Tape! Scary!
  7. Halloween - Another film that is only made more creepy by the era that it was made. Plus, young Jamie Lee!
  8. Psycho - WTF Norman Bates!? So many "mommy issues". Plus, young Janet Leigh!
  9. Seven - Somehow I didn't see this film until recently. Just more proof that Kevin Spacey plays an amazing crazy person. Diabolical. 
  10. Rosemary's Baby - We are not allowed to watch this in our house. I made the hubs watch it years ago and he was scarred for life. 
  11. Poltergeist - This movie won't scare you, but it may cause you to laugh your ass off. At least it the filming was rumored to be cursed, so that helps.
  12. 28 Days Later - Oh lordy! This is the film that made me realize my issues with zombies. They hunt people! HUNT THEM! Not ok, ya'all!
  13. A Nightmare On Elm Street - It has a young Johnny Depp. Apart from that, it's a classic '80s horror film.
  14. The Thing - This one I have not seen. the fact that the director is quoted as saying, "When The Thing was released, it was one of the most hated movies of all time." Doesn't make me want to do a Netflix search for it.
  15. The Evil Dead - I had to turn this movie off. Legit. Once the trees started raping a woman, I had to call it. That's enough evil for me. Not ok.
  16. Carrie - Damn the opening scene of this flick. Really?! Really!? It was the '70s and awkward nudity seems to have been a must.
  17. Night of the Living Dead - Daaamn. Original zombie creeping. A solid flick if you can handle the odd quality of it all. 
  18. The Omen - IMO, this movie ruined the name Damien. For reals. 
  19. An American Werewolf in London - I have not seen this and I don't know if I would be able to stop singing Werewolves of London long enough to watch it.
  20. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Another movie I could not make it through. I'm not even sure what it was that made me turn this flick off but I do remember being upset by how OK it was that he was brutally murdering people. 
Or just stick with some Ghostbusters action and keep things light but spooky! You can't go wrong with a movie that was mostly ad-libbed by Bill Murray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!