Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meatless Monday: Week Four - Success!!!

Done on the correct day. Done without using Catholic loopholes. Delicious.

That's a Meatless Monday win!

In an effort to find more uses for the bulk of black beans in our pantry, I started searching for black bean burger recipes. I found a ton but most required a grocery store trip and since that wasn't happening, I settled on this one for black bean burgers with a fried egg.


I left off the fried egg and decided to grill them rather than pan fry. I used up the rest of my mini candy onions from the garden rather than then yellow in the recipe.

The black bean burgers were a little tougher to grill than regular burgers, since they don't stay together quite as well, but pretty tasty!



The hubs was a big fan and thought they even had a White Castle Sliders taste (trust me, that's a good thing). I'm thinking that was the onions in the mix, so yeah, good touch!

Alright, first win in a while but I'm going to take it and run! Next week will be a success as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!