Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Three Day Potty Training: Day 2

Day two. It was good. A lot like day one but with a few less pairs of wet underwear. And a giant realization that made us say, "Eff that three day lady."

Yet again, by the end of the day Little Bear was completely sick of me hovering and was out to get me. He started the day strong but went downhill again post nap time. By the time dinner hit he was against anything that involved me.

Thankfully, that's when the hubs took over.

The main change that Daddy did was just chill out on the Three Day Potty Training method. He didn't watch Little Bear constantly in that time but just kept him in sight. They played like they always do at night and every now and then talked about pee pee things and how it might feel if it's coming and checked for dry underwear.

While the hubs was in charge, Little Bear had one accident followed by two #1 successes and one #2 success! Whoa, dude! Amazing!

And that is when we decided that the tips in this three day deal are not for our kid. I can see that it would work for some but it seems to just annoy ours. He does not want to be pestered and constantly watched. He wants things how they always have been and he wants me to chill and STFU. What can I say, he's his father's son.

So that is what we have been doing today. Regular day, with me staying a bit more alert to what he is doing than usual and for the most part letting him do his own thing. So far, so good! We even made a trip to Target without any accidents!

Little Bear is currently chatting away in his crib on his way to dream land (and probably a soaked bed again, whatevs, he'll get there on that). I'm a little scared of what post nap time may bring us today. Good or bad, I feel like we are on the right track.

It may not take three days but I think this kid will be potty trained soon!

(Lord, please don't let the above statement curse me to be trapped in potty training hell for all toddlerhood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!