Friday, September 6, 2013

Crock Pot French Toast Was...

Not terrible... but not great.

I originally had pinned this recipe a while ago and then forgotten about it, like I do with most things I pin.

Crock Pot French Toast via the Crock Pot Girl

Months later I printed the recipe in a bout of "I'm going to start actually making these things I pin!" And then it sat in a pile which eventually became scrap paper. While making my grocery list yesterday, I saw it again and decided I'd give it a go.

This is what I woke up to.

Goo anyone?
(I used a crock-pot liner because I had some but you could also butter or spray your pot)

It was far too wet and really just a mess of goo. Most of the bread slices had completely lost shape and were a bucket of mush. I thought if I could get some of the extra moisture to go away, it might be salvageable. I put some on a plate and nuked it for 30 seconds.


The result was better but still really wet and that was without any syrup. I decided that it was eggy enough that scrambling might be the best option. So I threw some in a pan and hoped for the best.


The end result was... odd. The best way I can think to describe it is "french toast scrambled eggs" which sounds scary. The hubs and I both ate it reluctantly. Little Bear on the other hand, was a HUGE fan!


I've seen many other recipes for Crock Pot French Toast and might be willing to give them a shot but this one was no good.

It's a great idea in theory but for now, Pinterest FAIL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!