Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Meatless Monday Brinner Waffles Remix

Monday came and I set myself to put SOMETHING together. It had been a while since we had cooked up some waffles so that seemed like a super choice. Buuuuuut, waffles have been done. How can I switch it up? The Joy of Cooking knows!


Yeast! In waffles!? Yikes! O...k....

I'm glad I gave Belgian Waffles a shot but I think they will be a one time thing. The main issue? Rise time. Cooking up a full batch of waffles takes long enough, let's not add 90 minutes for the batter to rise. Also, by the end I was really sick of that yeasty stank. They were good but not nearly as sweet and yummy as classic waffles.

I was left with a dozen or so to freeze so we will definitely be eating them in the future, just not fresh.

The plus side, since Belgian Waffles weren't as sweet as regular ones, they would make a rockin' egg sandwich. So basically, I know what next Meatless Monday will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!