Wednesday, November 6, 2013

How are thiiiings?

Oh, hey guys! Sorry for the delay in posting, the fam and I have been down and out with a cold bug since Saturday and things are finally starting to smooth out enough to be called normal. Here are the latest updates.

  • Daylight Savings Time happened, which anyone with children knows is just kind of a pain in the ass. Extra hour of sleep? Super! But then not because children do not understand that and will wake up whenever they damn well please. Which is exactly why we effed up giving Little Bear cold medicine early Sunday morning. Due to some daylight savings confusion (we thought it was still too early for him to wake up, it was... and wasn't), I groggily told the hubs to give Little Bear another dose of his PM meds instead of regular daytime goods. And then we realized what time it was and thought it would actually somehow be ok and we would get to sleep longer. How wrong we were. The hubs was nice enough to let me sleep in while he dealt with an abnormally amped up Little Bear. The kid literally walked around the house talking non stop for two hours. Lesson learned. 
  • Halloween came and went. Little Bear had a wee kid Halloween party with his friends. It was adorable. He also went trick or treating. In the rain. And I am still answering questions each day regarding why we cannot put our costumes on and "go trick or treat more!
  • Cat#1 does Halloween quite well
    Dog
    Screw Papa Murphy's, my Jack O Lantern pizza is way cuter!
    The Flash! (The hubs is a dedicated Daddy)
  • Also, in Halloween news, I figured out a way to combat the teenage bastards that don't dress up and beg for candy. (Effers.) Mini-Tootsie Pops. You're going to come to my house with a backpack FULL of candy that you have collected? Fine. But I'll only giving you one crappy sucker. Cute little kids in costumes, on the other hand, get gummies and stickers and smiles. (Sure, I could give those bastard teens nothing... but they scare me a little.)
  • I finally got out and planted my tulips, three days before the first snowfall hit. Most are planted over Izzy's grave which I feel is pretty fitting. Girl loved to garden with me. I've never done bulbs before but I'm pretty excited to have my fave flowers ready to pop up and greet us with pretty colors in the spring. 
  • We've finally decided it's time to start trying for another tiny human (Oh lawd!) When we were trying to get PG with Little Bear I watched my cycle and became a pro at temping and charting. This time we're thinking we'll just roll with it. (I say that now, knowing full well that a few months in I'll probably crack and become a chart freak again.)
  • Another Meatless Monday success came and went! (Hells yes!)
  • The mental Christmas countdown has began. I love me some Christmas joy!
And that's about it. Here's hoping for less illness in the house and an influx of blog fodder! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for another munchkin!!!! We're still in negotiations. BTW....I love your blog. You ALWAYS type what I'm thinking. Oh, the hilarity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks! It took me a little while to be on board with another kiddo. This is Little Bear's time and I wasn't ready to add another tiny human to the mix. The Hubs, on the other hand, has been very ready!
    I'm excited now though, I kind of loved being pregnant so I'm a-ok with doing that again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!