Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Have Never Been This Excited To Do A Meatless Monday!

I was looking forward to doing this Meatless Monday pretty much since the first bite of last week's Meatless Monday. As soon as we realized that Belgian waffles are more savory than sweet, I knew they had to be used in delicious egg sandwiches.

Yep, it was a good idea.


Last week's waffles were frozen so I popped them in the oven for a bit to warm up and make them a bit crunchy. Then I added cream cheese to one half and stuck spinach to it and added regular sliced cheese to the other half.

I like my sandwich eggs runny and all kinds of gooey so I added two eggs to my sandwich, one with the yolk broken and the other intact to be broken upon sandwich assembly.



The hubs and Little Bear like their eggs a little more intact so I left the spinach off the waffle and instead chopped it and added it to the whipped eggs to be cooked all together.


The end result was delicious! The waffle made a perfectly crunchy and sort of fluffy egg sandwich bread and since they were already in the freezer, it was minimal work. Little Bear opted to have us remove the egg and add syrup to his plate (ugh, fine, just eat it) which gave me an idea.

What would syrup be like with the whole thing?

A-Mazing!

Syrup is completely necessary and will for sure be slathered all over the damn things next time! Add some breakfast potatoes to the side and you have yourself a glorious Brinner!

Here's hoping next Meatless Monday is equally exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!