Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh, hey all!

Luckily, this weekend involved one fewer ridiculous wedding and one more fun night out for the hubs and me. Here's the jist of the past few days.

Friday

  • No nap for Little Bear again. The faze continues. Except I still fear it's not a faze.
  • Bike ride to the library. Fun. Except when I was on the busy road hauling a two year old in a tag-along trailer and NOT A SINGLE PERSON WOULD STEP TO THE SIDE OF THE DAMN SIDEWALK.
  • Little Bear fell asleep in the trailer. And then continued to sleep on the couch. He might be messing with me.
  • The Hubs and I had a couch date involving some-not-nearly-caught-up-enough episodes of Breaking Bad. And then I saw this on the internets and it made me happy.


Saturday
  • Playdate with an old friend and his wee lady. She is 18 months. In response to her baby talk, Little Bear made sure to repeatedly tell her, "That not make any sense." He's a smooth talker, like his daddy.
  • Nap fight again. And then he fell asleep on me. On the couch. Like when he was a wee baby. It was not bad. 
  • Little Bear had a sleepover with Nana and Papa. Mommy and Daddy got to leave the house for the night. AND bring the pooch. AND sleep! Well, we could have slept. Instead we chose to have fun with friends. It was worth the lack of sleep. And since we slept at a friend's house...
Sunday
  • The hubs and I got McDonald's breakfast on the way home. It's just the thing to do. For most people that may not be an event but since I am always with Little Bear and I just can't let him eat fast food yet, I don't ever get it. So yes, that's right. I will not let my toddler eat that crap but I will devour it like a stray dog when my child is not around.
  • The hubs and I got home and napped for three hours. The McDonald's breakfast belly and the nap go really well together.... nap coma...
  • Nana brought Little Bear home. I hugged him for a while. 
  • Minor nap fight with the child previously mentioned.. The hubs and I are both a little afraid of him at nap time now.
  • I discarded the leftovers from this monstrosity. Why did I save any of that!? Apparently, Friday me couldn't give in to the fail. Sunday me was pissed she had to deal with any of it.
  • Family dinner with the pops and step mom where I realized that explaining something "logically" to a toddler does not make it any better when he repeats it over and over and over later. In reference to the mounted animals in Grandpa's basement: "They scary. We not need to be scared. They not alive. They can't hurt you. They not alive." Also where I acquired...
  • A waffle maker! An epic Brinner will happen soon.
I didn't even have to create this meme.
The Breakfast Soon Meme has been done and I'm OK with that.

















So yeah, not great blog fodder over the weekend so it all gets meshed into here. 

Well, actually, prior to drifting into a semi-drunk sleep on Saturday night, I know I thought of some great things to write about. But my phone was on the other side of the room. And I forgot by morning. They'll come to me.

Now, Monday is over. It was a... not rough... not bad... just one. Monday was a one. 

Tuesday, let's do this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!