Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waffle Time!

I did it! I made waffles from scratch!

For some reason, I had never made waffles. I know we had a waffle maker when I was a kid, we just didn't use it. We toasted up plenty of Eggos, but never fresh off the press homemade waffles.

The other day, I acquired a waffle maker. I was determined to make it the base of an amazing brinner (you know, breakfast-dinner, one of the top 5 dinner meals. ever.)

I went with the basic recipe that was in the instruction book (which we somehow got whipped cream all over) for the waffle maker and doubled it because you can never have too many waffles. Also, I did half whole wheat flour.


"The light is green, the trap is clean."
Ghostbusters, anyone?
Success!
Waffle Thief
I did put the first batch in the oven as recommended in the recipe but I should not have left them in a pile as the ones underneath lost their crispness. For the second batch I added a whole mess of blueberries to the batter.

Yep, good.
Like, really, really good.
What are waffles without homemade whipped cream?
Put that with some butter and real maple syrup and...
Nom nom nom. 

Add some cheesy scrambled eggs and some bacon and BAM, dinner deliciousness! The hubs was happy and Little Bear was happy so I was quite happy. AND they reheated in the oven wonderfully this morning so we had a yummy and easy breakfast! Plus, I froze about a batch worth for later excitement!

More mess than Eggos but so much better. Totally worth the work... and the syrup stickiness that I keep finding in our dining room...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!